Microsoft Office 365 price rise
Microsoft regularly make small changes to some subscription costs, a few pence here, a few pence there and not normally with any fanfare.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner and Microsoft Direct Cloud Solution Provider, we get some prior warning but mostly we know about these small changes when Microsoft release their monthly catalogue.
However... this is a bit different.
On the 19 August 2021 Microsoft made a specific announcement, New pricing for Microsoft 365, stating various subscriptions would increase in price on 1 March 2022.
Which Microsoft 365 subscriptions are going up in price?
Below are the details we have at the moment.
All the pricing released by Microsoft is in $USD. The final £GBP prices will be known next year when the change happens, as Microsoft state in their blog "These increases will apply globally with local market adjustments for certain regions." Microsoft aren't expanding on this or giving any further details.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic increase by 20%
- This is going from $5 to $6 USD per user per month, a $1 increase or 20%
- This impacts Microsoft Offer ID BD938F12-058F-4927-BBA3-AE36B1D2501C
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium increase by 10%.
- This is going from $20 to $22 USD per user per month, a $2 increase or 10%
- This impacts Microsoft Offer ID 61795CAB-2ABD-43F6-88E9-C9ADAE5746E0
- Office 365 E1 increase by 25%.
- This is going from $8 to $10 USD per user per month, a $2 increase or 25%
- This impacts Microsoft Offer ID 91FD106F-4B2C-4938-95AC-F54F74E9A239
- Office 365 E3 increase by 15%.
- This is going from $20 to $23 USD per user per month, a $3 increase or 15%
- This impacts Microsoft Offer ID 796B6B5F-613C-4E24-A17C-EBA730D49C02
- Office 365 E5 increase by 9%.
- This is going from $35 to $38 USD per user per month, a $3 increase or 9%
- This impacts Microsoft Offer ID A044B16A-1861-4308-8086-A3A3B506FAC2
- Microsoft 365 E3 increase by 13%.
- This is going from $32 to $36 USD per user per month, a $4 increase or 13%
- This impacts Microsoft Offer ID 2B3B8D2D-10AA-4BE4-B5FD-7F2FEB0C3091
Microsoft has also increased the price of Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 (Offer ID 79C29AF7-3CD0-4A6F-B182-A81E31DEC84E) from £ 6.60 to £ 8, a 21% increase, from 1 September 2020. This price rise is already live.
How can I avoid the March 2022 Microsoft 365 price rise?
At ctm IT Support, we have already started mitigating some of these changes for our customers, but these are core subscriptions and will ultimately impact many businesses.
We are a Microsoft Direct CSP and offer reduced costs subscriptions to all our customers. If you haven't done so already, register with us and set us as one of your Microsoft Cloud Solution Providers and buy through our Nimmbus CSP portal.
Many Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscriptions purchased through us are 5% below Microsoft public pricing significantly helping to offset these increases.
More information about discounted Microsoft 365 and discounted Office 365 subscriptions can be found on our Microsoft CSP site, Nimmbus.